After releasing the limited edition of his ‘Origin Vol.1’ album last month, the co-founding member of KISS, Ace Frehley, has released quick notes about his upcoming album and revealed the untold process of making ‘Origin Vol.2.’
According to Ace, his new collection was chosen by thinking about the songs he used to play in clubs and he enjoyed while picking the right tracks for the album.
While Ace has worked tons of legendary stars like Humble Pie, Cream, The Kinks, and many more, he admitted that making a Beatles song was a very special experience. Talking about ‘I’m Under’ Ace admitted that the early Beatles were more inspiring than the later records of the band.
Let’s hear what he thinks about the song choices on Vol.2:
“I just thought about the songs that I used to play in clubs when I was doing other people’s material. I went through my album collection and thought about the songs that influenced me the most.
It was fun picking out the songs. It’s a pretty well-rounded record and I think the fans will enjoy it.”
Later on, Ace talked about why he decided to chose I’m Under’ for the album:
“Everyone was telling me, ‘You gotta do a Beatles song, Ace. You didn’t do one on the first record.’ The early Beatles inspired me more than the later records because they were more raw and more rock and roll.
I decided to tackle ‘I’m Down’ and I thought it came out great. John 5 did a great solo on the song, and then we riffed out at the end.”
Check out the tracklist of Ace’s latest album:
1. Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin)
2. Never In My Life (Mountain)
3. Space Truckin’ (Deep Purple) Guest: Rob Sabino
4. I’m Down (The Beatles) Guest: John 5
5. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones) Guest: Lita Ford
6. Politician (Cream) Guest: John 5
7. Lola (The Kinks)
8. 30 Days In The Hole (Humble Pie) Guest: Robin Zander
9. Manic Depression (The Jimi Hendrix Experience) Guest: Bruce Kulick
10. Kicks (Paul Revere & the Raiders)
11. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place (The Animals)
12. She (KISS) [Bonus Track]
Click here for the source and listen to the first single of the album below.