In a recent interview with Kerrang! Magazine, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl spoke about Nirvana reunion. He revealed the story about how he decided to reunite Nirvana.
Here’s the story:
“When Pat [Smear], Krist [Novoselic] and I sat down to go through those songs in a small rehearsal room with concrete walls, it fuckin’ sounded like Nirvana.
It was like being shot into outer space. Being able to play that drum fill and break into the chorus… it’s spiritual, physical, emotional.
We would look at each other and smile, but the emotions would kind of go in waves because there was someone missing – and you wish that you could still share those songs with Kurt.”
Krist Novoselic added:
“It was odd, but it felt like a real treat. I caught myself beaming away during ‘Teen Spirit.’ I couldn’t quite believe I was playing it again, and I will cherish that moment for a long time because it was pretty special.”
Click here to source of the interview.
As you know, a week ago Nirvana reunited as the surprise Cal Jam 2018 headliner to perform their material for only the second time since Kurt Cobain’s death in April 1994.
1. Serve the Servants [John McCauley on vocals]
2. Scentless Apprentice [John McCauley on vocals]
3. In Bloom [John McCauley on vocals]
4. Breed [Joan Jett on vocals]
5. Smells Like Teen Spirit [Joan Jett on vocals]
6. All Apologies [Joan Jett on vocals, Brody Dalle on bass, Krist Novoselic on accordion]