Lamb of God guitarist Mark Morton has shared his solo collaboration with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington. You can listen to the song called ‘Cross Off’ below.
Mark Morton’s debut album “Anesthetic” will be released on March 1, 2019. Here’s the track listing of the album:
01. Cross Off (feat. Chester Bennington)
02. Sworn Apart (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)
03. Axis (feat. Mark Lanegan)
04. The Never (feat. Chuck Billy + Jake Oni)
05. Save Defiance (feat. Myles Kennedy)
06. Blur (feat. Mark Morales)
07. Back From The Dead (feat. Josh Todd)
08. Reveal (feat. Naeemah Maddox)
09. Imaginary Days
10. Truth Is Dead (feat. Randy Blythe + Alissa White-Gluz)
During in a recent interview with Metal Hammer, Mark Morton talked about Chester and said:
“[Chester] just had a lot of creative input at the ready when he came into the studio,” Mark said. “That was my initial, like, wow. He had told me he really liked the song, and we had communicated, but I’d never really hung out with Chester until when we started tracking. I was really impressed for a guy at his level, at the place in the career he was at, someone of his stature and celebrity, to have that level of humility and commitment to come in there and treat this like it would be a Linkin Park song, or his own song, or whatever.
I was pretty blown away by that. And it was immediate. Fifteen minutes after we met, we were standing over a table, one on either side, each with scraps of paper and pencil, crossing off words and trying different rhyme schemes and stuff. And then after the track was laid out, then we took a breath and started talking about more personal stuff — real-life shit. And yeah… he surprised me the most.”
See the cover art of the album below.